“The Ulaanbaatar Declaration”: Global Tax Advisers Platform signs declaration setting out key priorities in international taxation
On 12 September 2018, the Global Tax Advisers Platform (“GTAP”) issued the Ulaanbaatar Declaration, establishing 10 key priorities for GTAP in pursuing:
• International cooperation among tax advisers; and
• Optimisation of the national and international taxation framework.
GTAP was established by CFE, AOTCA and WAUTI, who collectively represent more than 600,000 tax advisers in Europe, Asia and Africa. GTAP is an international platform that seeks to bring together national and international organizations of tax professionals from all around the world. GTAP’s fundamental principle is that taxpayers’ and tax advisers’ interests are better pursued and served within a fair and efficient global tax framework.
The Declaration has been signed by the following organisations:
• CFE (CFE Tax Advisers Europe), the European association of tax advisers, representing more than 200,000 tax advisers from 30 professional bodies in over 24 European countries;
• AOTCA (Asia-Oceania Tax Consultants’ Association), representing 330,000 tax advisers from 20 professional bodies in 16 countries in the Asia-Pacific region;
• WAUTI (West African Union of Tax Institutes), representing 8 professional organisations;
• STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), representing more than 20,000 trust and estate practitioners from 95 countries;
• IAFEI (International Association of Financial Executives Institutes), representing over 20,000 financial executives from 22 member institutes; and
• AMA (Association of Mediterranean Auditors), representing over 25,000 auditors from 25 member institutions.
The Declaration sets out common key priorities for the collective promotion of an optimal tax framework worldwide, including strong cooperation among tax professionals, inclusiveness, revision of existing tax rules, safeguarding taxpayers’ rights, and digitalization of the tax profession.
The Declaration was presented and executed by the signatories in Ulaanbaatar on 12 September 2018. A copy of the Declaration can be viewed here.